Carrot Pudding?! I know… it sounds crazy to use a vegetable as the main ingredient of a dessert. But it really isn’t. Think of pumpkin pie. This is the same concept. In fact, my creamy carrot pudding tastes very similar to pumpkin pie. This is delicious. Give it a try! Enjoy.
Preparation + Cook Time: 60 minutes
This recipe makes about 2 C of pudding.
- 7 Organic Medium-Sized Carrots*
- 1/2 C Maple Syrup
- 1 T Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 C Almond Milk
- 3/4 t Allspice
- 1/2 t Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Nutmeg
- 1 t Organic Vanilla Extract
- Rinse, peel, and chop the carrots into small pieces.
- Place the carrots into a pot of water. Cover and turn onto a boil. Once the water is boiling, turn down to a simmer. Cook the carrots until they are soft.
- Drain the water from the pot. Place the carrots into a bowl and put them in the fridge for approximately 20 minutes until they are completely cooled.
- Put the carrots in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the blender and combine until everything is evenly mixed in.
- Store the pudding in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, spoon the pudding into bowls. I would recommend topping the pudding with non-dairy cream and some pecans or pumpkin seeds.
*If you use regular non-organic carrots, they are usually much larger so you will only need about 5 carrots instead of 7.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Carrots are very high in Vitamin A, which protects eye health and vision. They are high in antioxidants, can help lower cholesterol, help protect against cancer, improve immunity, boosts skin health, and helps improve brain function.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com
One thought on “Sweet & Creamy Carrot Pudding”