Hummus and crackers is one of my all time favorite snacks. So, I am always trying to create new hummus flavors. My new favorite is this super easy & quick cilantro-lime hummus. This tastes great simply paired with crackers or try it as a spread inside your sandwich or wrap. Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp of tahini
- 1 big handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- desired amount of salt and pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the hummus into a sealable container and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Chickpeas help control blood sugar levels, improves digestion because of high fiber content, helps protect against heart disease, is a good source of protein, and contains many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as zinc, folate, phosphorus, and B vitamins.
-Cilantro detoxes the body of heavy metals, lowers blood sugar levels, prevents urinary tract infections, settle digestive upset, and supports healthy menstrual function.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com
It is almost October which means it’s almost pumpkin spice season! These pecan & pumpkin spice oat bars are a healthy way to satisfy your pumpkin spice craving. These treats make a great pair with your afternoon tea. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Whisk until blended evenly.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Line a square pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and pat down until the batter is completely flat.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Store in the refrigerator to preserve the freshness.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Pumpkin helps maintain healthy eyes, improves immunity, and is good for your complexion.
-Chia seeds are high in antioxidants, helps digestive health, regulates cholesterol, boosts energy and metabolism, and is a great source of omega-3s.
-Oats are high in fiber, reduces heart disease risk, and lowers cholesterol.
The benefits of these ingredients were researched from http://www.draxe.com