This Greek Veggie Protein salad was created when I was trying to cook a quick and healthy meal filled with protein and some delicious vegetables…..and it turned out delectable! This makes a wonderful lunch or a light dinner. Enjoy!
Preparation + Cook Time: 45 minutes
Makes about 5-7 servings
- 1/2 C Lentils
- 1/2 C Quinoa
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil (divided)
- 4 C Riced Cauliflower
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Can Chickpeas, Drained
- 1/4 C Tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 C + 2 Tbsp Water (divided)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/3 C Red Onion. chopped
- 1 C Sliced Radish
- 1 C English Cucumber, chopped
- 3 C Shredded Carrot
- 1/4 C Chopped Greek Pepperoncinis
- 1 C Roughly Chopped Parsley
- In 2 separate pots, cook the 1/2 C of lentils in 1 C of water and the 1/2 C of quinoa also in 1 C of water. They cannot be cooked together as they have different cooking times. When cooked, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a wok, saute the 4 C of riced cauliflower in 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute for 8 minutes until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled lentils, quinoa, and riced cauliflower. Add the chickpeas.
- Add the red onion, radish, cucumber, carrot, pepperoncinis, and parsley to the bowl and stir.
- Make the dressing: In a small container combine 1/4 C tahini, juice of 1 lemon, 2 Tbsp water, 4 T olive oil, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, and 1/2 tsp minced garlic. Whisk together. Pour the dressing over the salad and combine until it is thoroughly mixed through.
- Serve in bowls.
One thought on “Greek Veggie Protein Salad”
that looks nice and rich!