Vegetable Stir Fry Rice Bowls are the perfect healthy meal to make when you are craving Chinese food! This recipe is fast and easy to make. Enjoy!
Makes about 4 servings
Preparation + Cook Time= 45 Minutes
- 1 Cup of Short Grain Brown Rice
- 4 Cups of Broccoli, chopped
- 2 Cups of Carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 Cups of Baby Boy Choy, chopped
- 1 Cup of Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 14 oz Can of Baby Corn, drained
- 3 Green onions, chopped
- 1 t of Ginger, minced
- 2 T of Coconut Oil
- 1 Can of Chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 C Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Avocado (sliced) for Garnish
- 1 T of Sesame Seeds for Garnish
- 4 T of Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 4 T of Honey or Organic Maple Syrup
- Dash of Black Pepper
- 3 T of Orange Juice
- 1/4 t of Minced Garlic
- 1 T of Corn Starch
- In a medium size pot, emerge the brown rice in 2 Cups of Water. Bring to a boil. Once boiled, simmer for about 20 minutes until the rice is fully cooked. Set aside.
- Chop all of the veggies and set them aside to prepare for stir-frying.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce into a small bowl. Whisk until thoroughly mixed and set aside.
- Heat the wok with 2 T Coconut Oil. Add the broccoli, carrots, baby boy choy, red bell pepper, baby corn, green onions, and ginger into the wok. Stir fry for about 5-6 minutes. The veggies should be getting soft.
- Add the chickpeas followed by the sauce to the wok.
- Simmer covered for 10 mins. The veggies should be wilted and very tender. Remove the lid and stir in the rice. Next stir in the cilantro.
- Add more black pepper to taste.
- Serve the stir fry into bowls. Top with avocado and sesame seeds.
Benefits of this recipe:
-Carrots are very high in Vitamin A, which protects eye health and vision. They are high in antioxidants, can help lower cholesterol, help protect against cancer, improve immunity, boosts skin health, and helps improve brain function.
-Broccoli aids in digestion, prevents chronic diseases, protects liver health, boosts brain health, reduces allergies, contains anti-aging properties, and improves metabolism.
-Brown rice helps control diabetes, is rich in antioxidants, prevents obesity, prevents Alzheimer’s disease, improves digestive health, controls cholesterol levels, relieves insomnia, and contains anti-depressant properties.
-Ginger relieves nausea, treats cold and flu symptoms, aids in digestion, removes excess gas, reduces arthritis pain, detoxifies the body, prevents menstrual cramps, and prevents infection in the body.
The information on the benefits of the ingredients was researched from http://www.draxe.com and http://www.organicfacts.net
2 thoughts on “Vegetable Stir-Fry Rice Bowls”
This looks awesome! 🌱
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! 🙂